The Compass Rose academics program provides students with a strong foundation in all core content areas with a strong focus on literacy and math. Starting in elementary, this looks like targeted small group instruction addressing fundamental skill development. Through their grade level and academic program progression, students receive appropriate and personalized instruction to ensure they have the necessary foundational knowledge and skills to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
DAILY COMMUNITY BUILDING
COLLEGE & CAREER PATHWAY COURSE
Each campus focuses on what our community needs for its students to succeed and those needs are determined through robust community engagement and involvement. We commit to serving our communities and in turn prepare children to become leaders in their community. All instruction is TEKS-aligned with a focus on student discussion, inquiry, problem-solving, and deep understanding of content. All high school students are on the Texas Distinguished Graduation plan with a college-preparatory curriculum and experience to prepare them for university coursework and beyond.
Our student culture is driven by three R’s:
- Structured and adaptable learning environments
- Student-driven and student-centered
- Purposeful, not rigid
- Welcoming, inclusive classrooms
- Intentional structures create space for team-building
- Community is built within classrooms
- Balance of high expectations with support
- When students make mistakes, we teach how to restore and repair relationships
- As much as possible, we work to repair harm as opposed to using punitive disciplinary measures
Community Driven Fields of Study
S.T.E.M. & AERONAUTICS
Equipping students with the tools to become business owners and connecting them to community leaders to build their network early.
Nature & Public Health
Emphasizing place-based learning, teaching children about how to use their place in the world to strengthen and support their community.